- Check you have the latest version of the ASB Mobile App.
- Turn on "Receive payment requests" in your Settings (this is under Online EFTPOS).
- Ensure you are Netcode verified within the ASB Mobile banking app.
Pay with Online Eftpos
What is Online EFTPOS?
Online EFTPOS enables you to pay online with your smart phone directly from your bank app. Not only is it the safer and easier way to pay online, it's also one of the most secure payment methods available today as you never need to expose your payment or banking credentials.
How it works
To pay, you simply select your bank and enter your mobile number, then approve a payment notification within your bank app. That's it.
Currently available to ASB, BNZ, Westpac, The Co-operative Bank and Heartland Bank customers.
Frequently asked questions
Each bank has their own purchase limit:ASB customers have a $5k/day limit.
BNZ customers have a $50k/day limit.
Westpac customers have a $5k/day limit, unless otherwise agreed with Westpac.
Heartland Bank customers have a $3k/day limit.
Co-operative Bank customers have a flexible daily limit that depends on their individual agreement with The Co-operative Bank.
The Online EFTPOS team is currently working to bring on other banks. They will happily pass on your feedback if you drop them an email at email@example.com to let them know who you bank with and how much you’d love to see Online EFTPOS! If you feel generous to contact your bank directly, it’ll help them even more.
If you use your bank app regularly, you shouldn’t need to do anything specific to start paying with Online EFTPOS. If you have recently installed your bank app, or haven’t used it regularly, please check a few things before you start:
- Check you have the latest version of the BNZ Mobile App.
- A transactional account with BNZ with enough funds for the purchase (e.g. YouMoney).
- Push notifications are not mandatory for paying with Online EFTPOS but they will make it easier. You can enable them in your BNZ Online banking settings or in the BNZ app under Menu>Settings>Notifications.
- Check you have the latest version of the Westpac One App.
- Ensure you have a Westpac Everyday account, Simple Saver or Choices Everyday account.
- Ensure your mobile number is registered and authenticated.
You’re automatically set up on The Co-operative Bank Mobile App.
You’re automatically set up on your Heartland Mobile App if you have a YouChoose account.
There might be a few reasons why you didn’t receive a payment request in your banking app.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the bank app.
- Make sure you have enough funds for your purchase.
- Please allow up to 40 secs for a notification to arrive into your bank app. You can refresh the app or log out and log in to make sure that the app has refreshed.
- Please double-check that you have used the mobile phone number that is registered against your bank app.
- If the number is correct but no payment request is received after 40 secs, please check you have enabled the relevant settings on your bank app. If you're unsure of which settings will allow Online EFTPOS payments, we would recommend reaching out to your bank for assistance.
If you are still having problems with Online EFTPOS, email firstname.lastname@example.org
You have four minutes from the time of sending a payment request to log into your bank app to approve the transaction.
Online EFTPOS is one of most secure payment methods today because Online EFTPOS doesn’t ask for your payment and bank credentials and you can only approve each payment via your bank app.
You can use Online EFTPOS as many times as you want within your daily limit. The daily limit may vary per bank and per customer. If you are unsure, please contact your bank for assistance.
If the funds are available, the money goes through right then and there. No hassle.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our website about Online EFTPOS, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that this content on our website is accurate, complete or up-to-date. We also do not warrant or represent that the information regarding Online EFTPOS available through the website will meet your particular requirements or needs. We therefore suggest visiting https://www.paymark.co.nz/support/online-eftpos/ or clicking the button below for the most accurate and up-to-date information.